Sunday, March 10, 2013

This is a simple yet very profound statement to me. It is my sons favorite song. The words are:

I am a child of God
and He has sent me here.
Has given me an earthly home,
with parents kind and dear.

Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do,
to live with Him some day.

“I Am a Child of God,” Children’s Songbook of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 2–3

Each night we sing this and say prayers. There has been a time or two where I have asked him if he knows what it means and he doesn't comprehend it but it comforts him. I think that it comforts me as much as I can understand it. My comfort is mostly in the line "Teach me all that I must do, to live with Him some day." 
We all make mistakes, think that we know more than our Father in Heaven, but ultimately we have to learn to do what is right and we will be blessed for it. We are all at different places and we cannot judge another for where they are, they could be farther than us and we don't know it.. I am just thankful that I can apply the atonement in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment