Sunday, October 20, 2013

I am a Child of God

Today was little man's primary program. Every year the children learn songs and perform them in sacrament meeting along with lines that they say. Little man said: Reading my scriptures is a good choice. I am glad that we do read the scriptures and that there would no confusion. My heart was full and I was moved to tears by the sincerity of the words the children spoke.

One song that the children sang that instantly brought tears to my eyes was "I am a Child of God". Little man and I sing this every night before we say prayers and it comforts him and helps put things in perspective for me everyday. Here are the words:

I am a child of God
And He has sent me here
Has given me an earthly home
with parents kind and dear
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me.
Help me find the way
Teach me all that I must do
To live with Him some day.

There are no plainer words to be said and no easier ways to convey what we need to do but to find our way back to our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment